Wednesday, 13 June 2012
As a Bridesmaid you have a strong supportive role you must play during the entire wedding experience. Although the Maid of Honor (if you are , So happy for you!) may be there for the bride, your friend will also need your comfort and opinions as well (in most cases). Below, we have listed for you some of the top Bridesmaid's duties:
1. If the bride asks about helping her with ideas on where to have the wedding, help her with the scouting around and going to the different places. It may be a great idea to drive so she can focus on each location.
2. It is a major treat to go with the bride when she is shopping for her wedding dress. It is very important to help ensure that the dresses are ordered correctly and arrive in enough time for alterations!
3. Be a good communicator with information. Many times information prior to a wedding does not reach everyone. Friends will appreciate confirming plans of each shower and party as well as wedding day information.
6. Attend and help out during the rehearsal dinner. Many times the bride, groom and their families are pre-occupied and forget about things which is where you can save the day by being supportive.
1. Assist the bride in getting into her dress and makeup
2. Ask if the bride needs anything (food, water, etc) all the way up till the time she is walking down the aisle. She will really appreciate it!
3. Assist the other bridesmaids on where to go and timing, especially if they show up late.
4. Help to make sure the bride has privacy if she needs some quiet time before the ceremony.
5. Be the witness in the signing of the marriage license which is an honor!
6. Always look for the unexpected since it is common for the most uncommon things to happen (i.e, something falling down at the red carpet). If you are close enough, fix what needs to be fixing so the bride, groom and their families can focus on the ceremony.
7. Last, but not least, Provide moral support and be a great listener throughout the process since it is a very wonderful and "positively" stressful time for your friend. You can really make the difference!
8.Make sure to take lots of pictures at the reception, wedding procession and afterwards. Many forget to take pictures and the bride and groom will appreciate them!
We hope the pointers we gave were of great benefits to you. Share them with the other bridesmaids in your group. We would love to hear some of your wedding behind the scenes stories as well. Hit us with our comment box.
Have a great week!